For those of us that have kids, we know that they are pretty entertaining. They come up with funny things to say, and they are so shameless in peddling their sense of humor. Just ask Bigs #1&2 on their latest hobby: playing practical jokes on dear old Mom.
Anyway, it is for this reason that I give you today The Interview.
I did a version of this a long time ago and recently ran across it. The answers were hilarious from my then 2 and 4 year old. And somewhat telling.
I haven’t done it since then, and I was curious to see what the Little had to say about me, and how the Bigs would answer now that they are older.
I headed over to my friend Ms. Pinterest to get a list of questions. And for better or worse, I am sharing the unedited answers below. For your reference, Big #1 is 9, Big #2 is 7, and the Little is 3. Each answer will be given in this order: Big#1, Big#2, Little.
1. Full stops [when writing sentences]; Do your homework;I need to watch you play with Dizzy [the hamster]
2.Ice cream; Us cleaning up the house;Watching me play with Dizzy [what does she want to do today??]
3. Making you clean up all of the mess; Making you clean up all the mess we made [I see an emerging theme];If I play with Dizzy by myself [we had a close call once involving the hamster being dunked into his water dish]
4.Telling a joke; Wrestling;Tickle
5. Sneaking out at night; Naughty;Tomato salad
6. 36; 36; 3 years old
7.5′something; 145cm; Pretty tall
8. Not eat wheat; Tell us to do our homework [not really I promise!!];I don’t know
9.Play video games all day [I wish]; Eat wheat [I'd be very very sick];TV exercise [I do 30 Day Shred on the TV]
10.Your vanilla sugar, vanilla extract, lip balm, and ointment. And for being the best mom in the world [he wants something I can tell]; For telling us to do our homework; Playing with Dizzy
11.Therapy [I assume giving it not receiving it]; physics[????]; nothing
12. Being lazy; gymnastics; being sad
13. Therapy; physics and therapy ; naughty words [again, ??????]
14. Curry; salmon cakes; curry rice
15. Making vanilla; being the best mommy ever in the whole entire world [I did not pay him for this]; nothing [thanks!]
16. Lindanna [Phineas and Ferb rockstar mom]; Ms. Godfrey from Big Nate [I think she is mean - ouch!]; Lindanna wants to have fun fun fun
17.Go to Ikea; go to water parks; go to Ikea
18. Same eyes; curly hair; we are both girls
19. I’m a boy you’re a girl; you are taller; chooses to ignore me
20. Because you tell us every day; you tell us every single day; I’m hungry
21. Cyprus; to water parks; to Ikea *at this point Husband decided to chime in. What did he say was my favorite place to go? Away.